Santorini / Wines
Santorini Wines : Grapes Wineries & Wine Houses
Santorini Wines, Wineries, Vineyards, Grapes & Grape Varieties
- On the breathtaking island of Santorini, the predominant grape is Assyrtiko which produces superb dry and dessert Appellation wines. After the devastating volcanic explosion, circa 1650 BC, the island was covered with volcanic ash, lava and pumice stone.
- This catastrophe created the foundation for perfect soil conditions which now help produce the very distinctive wines of Santorini ...
Santorini Wines & Their Origins
- The vines are cultivated in low basket shaped crowns, close to the ground for protection from the strong winds.
- Coming off the sea, the nocturnal fog brings needed water to the vines during the hot summer nights and together with the refreshing northerly winds provide excellent growing conditions for the creation of the superb Santorini wines.
- The white wines from Santorini are bone-dry with a distinct aroma of citrus combined with hints of smoke and minerals from the volcanic soil.
- The dessert wines from Santorini are called 'Vinsanto', a derivative of the name Santorini. Vinsanto can be naturally sweet or fortified and must be barrel-aged for a minimum of two years.
- It is distinguished by its superb velvety palate with aromas of creme brulee, chocolate and dried apricots.
Tel : +30 22860 21100
Every day from 10.00 until Sunset
Tel : +30 22860 31489
Monday-Saturday 08.00 - 20.00 & Sunday 10.00 - 16.00
Art Space Argyros
Tel : +30 22860 32774
Every day from 11.00 until Sunset
Tel : +30 22860 81011
Summer 7 days a week 10.00-19.00 & Winter Mon-Fri 10.00-16.00
Tel : +30 22860 31349
May till September Daily 11.00 - 19.00
Tel : +30 22860 82552
15th April till end of October 10.00 - 20.00
Tel : +30 22860 32552
Tel : +30 22860 31322
Apr till Oct 12.00-20.00 & Nov. till Mar 09.00-14.30 (except Sundays)
Tel : +30 22860 22596
March till November 10.00 - 20.00
Tel : +30 22860 71644
June till August Weekdays 10.00 - 19.00
Tel : +30 22860 22211
May till September Daily 10.00 - 19.00