(1) USE NUMBERS TO CHANGE IMAGE (2) USE LEFT - RIGHT ARROW KEYS TO CHANGE IMAGE + TEXT
Our Villa Portfolio
The History & Location of Mansion Sophia
The peaceful little village of Megalochori is a much sought after and appreciated holiday base from which to enjoy the many attractions of this unique island. A leisurely 10 minutes stroll from the village leads to a lovely unspoiled Caldera path, perfect for hiking amp; marvelling at magnificent vistas of the Volcano & sunset. Only 6 km from the busy town of Fira, it is another world and an ideal holiday base for those who want to relax and enjoy Santorini from a different perspective.
Mansion Sophia was built around the mid-19th century and inhabited by one of the feudal landlords of the island at that time. These merchants and landlords became wealthy exporting the unique Vinsanto wine, which the island still produces. Megalochori had a particularly strong link with Odessa in Russia and many of the church bells which still toll in the village today are from Russia.
- The house is situated just a short stroll from the central village square with its pretty churches and picturesque Venetian bell towers. The village, with its winding cobbled pathways, is free of traffic. Access to the house is through imposing large wooden entrance gates into a secluded and very pretty private courtyard, complete with swimming pool (3.4 x 5m, depth 1.55m). There is also an outdoor dining table and chairs in the courtyard, as well as four poolside loungers and an umbrella.
The house has been beautifully renovated to provide all modern amenities, yet at the same time retaining the character and style of the original house. Double doors lead directly from the courtyard into a spacious living and dining area with superb high vaulted ceilings and original polished wooden floors. The kitchen has an original stone arch which now serves as a washing up and preparation area.
Our Concierge service is available during your stay to advise on what to do, where to eat, and any other information you may require.
The two bedrooms lead off from either side of the central living room.
- Main living - dining room
- Large private courtyard
- Kitchen with oven
- Coffee maker
- Fridge, kettle and toaster
- Master bedroom with a majestic 4-poster bed
- Smaller double bedroom
- Bathroom (shower only)
- Air conditioning
- SAT TV & DVD
- Free Internet Access
- iPod and iPod docking station
- Complimentary mobile phone
2014 OFFICIAL RATES
|01 April - 30 April
01 Oct - 31 Oct
|01 May - 31 May
||01 June - 30 June
01 Sept - 30 Sept
|01 July - 31 Aug
Rates are in Euro per night for 4 guests including taxes for the whole Villa
Early Bird Stay 7- Pay 5 Special offer for all 2014 dates.This offer is valid until the end of November 2013.
Terms & Conditions
|Minimum Stay : 3 nights - Maximum Number of Guests : 4 to 6|
Prices also include:
|Round Trip Transfer to - from port or airport|
|One manual 5 seater car rental (unlimited mileage & 3rd party insurance)|
|Concierge Services - Housekeeping - Free Wi Fi Internet|
Additional Services on Request (extra charge)
|Extra maid service, in-house chef, food shopping & nanny service|
|Private Masseuse. Private tour guide and boat charters|